Every student in his/her career life requires extra and unique bullet points that could be added to their resume. Hard work and struggle is considered as the key to success but it is also important to follow certain tips if a student is pursuing Engineering or Mechanical Engineering field.
Every day, there are new technologies and innovations that are creating impact on the lives of general people. So, an engineer needs to gain experience and expertise to work for the society. There are certain tips that make them understand about the importance of career and how to work to achieve them. Some of them are mentioned below:
- Get experience – Most of the employers prefer candidates that have real-world experience. In various surveys it has been found that students significantly underestimate their ability to apply knowledge in the real world, analyze and solve complex problems, and critical thinking skills. They even fall short on locating and evaluating information.
Internships and college work experience are the two biggest considerations employers look at when hiring graduates. Fortunately, if you’re a student, you’ll probably have some chances to get experience before hitting the job market and take internship advantage.
- Think about manufacturability – A student need to gain good understanding of how your designs are going to be manufactured. Always ask questions about how manufacturing works within the company. If you want to prove your ideas, it is important to learn about different parts of the product.
- Know about big data and IoT – With the adoption of smart-connected products, the internet of things and big data are quickly becoming integral to product development and mechanical engineers should be aware of how data can now inform designs. The internet of things (IoT) is going to change the scale of data that modern product development and manufacturing companies are consuming.
- Do more with social media – A student can use LinkedIn to collect contacts, join groups, read and contribute cool content, post your resume, and write recommendations. But, you can also get pretty creative and use LinkedIn to connect with interesting people in the industry.
- Keep learning – With the availability of online, on-demand learning, the mechanical engineers get the benefit of learning programming and fortunately, there are several free online sites that teach you to code. Beyond coding, the web has tons of MOOCs. You can check out topics like manufacturing, aerospace, automotive, IoT, design thinking, languages, or even business skills (like finance).